Together with the City of San Diego (Environmental Services Department, Parks & Recreation, Public Works Facilities Division), San Diego Gas & Electric, San Diego Green Building Council and our cultural institutions, the Partnership’s Sustainability Program has worked diligently to bring a total of 10 LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification projects to historic Balboa Park! This legacy goal helps to communicate the amazing work already taking place in Balboa Park and sets forth a path of innovative best practices for the Park’s future.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership announced it’s 10 LEED in Balboa Park green building milestone on April 19, 2017. Read more about the LEED certifications here.
Since 2008, Balboa Park Cultural Partnership and its partners have been committed to making the Park’s buildings more sustainable and energy efficient. Certification of 10 buildings is a significant milestone in this ongoing greening process.
LEED® Certifications in Balboa Park
Currently Balboa Park is home to ten (10) LEED® certifications. Click on the building photograph to learn more.
LEED® News and Updates
- One of the United State’s Oldest Parks is Becoming One of its Greenest Parks via PRWeb
- Balboa Park LEEDing on sustainability via San Diego Union Tribune
- Balboa Park Achieves 10 LEED Certified Buildings via Cleantech San Diego
- Balboa Park LEEDs the Path to Becoming One of the Most Sustainable Urban Parks via SDG&E NewsCenter
- Convention Center, Balboa Park Get Green-Building Status Upgrades via San Diego Business Journal
- What We Can Learn From Balboa Park’s LEED via San Diego Business Journal
- 2015 LEED Plaque Ceremony Recap via Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
- Spring 2014 LEED® Progress Update via Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
- Green Assistance Program – Going Strong to support Balboa Park Centennial Sustainability Goals via San Diego Green Building Council
- Balboa Park: Putting energy into energy upgrades via San Diego Union Tribune
- LEED Certification Goal Announcement via San Diego Gas & Electric
- Balboa Park plans to add seven LEED-certified buildings via San Diego Daily Transcript
- Balboa Park Goes Green(er) via San Diego NBC
Special thank you to the City of San Diego and SDG&E for their support in the greening of Balboa Park’s buildings that has enabled us to set forth this ambitious goal. In addition, thank you to the San Diego Green Building Council for bringing the Green Assistance Program (GAP) into the Park for another year! Learn more about GAP and how you can get involved as a project volunteer!
The Balboa Park Sustainability Program is a proud member of the USGBC.