Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a full-time (hourly) Sustainability Assistant. The Sustainability Assistant is responsible for the effective administration and communication of Sustainability Program’s initiatives including support of the Balboa Park affinity groups, Sustainability and Energy Management Action Plan, Sustainability Walk-About series, education events, and sustainable operations initiatives for Cultural Partnership member institutions.
The Sustainability Assistant is expected to bring skills that will enhance these existing programs and help to deepen and expand the Sustainability Program into viable areas of environmental sustainability.
The Sustainability Assistant will report to the Sustainability Manager and serve as a positive ambassador for the program, both in-person and virtually, and is responsible for the following activities:
- Review and track member Sustainability Action Plans to ensure goals are met
- Project-related support and benchmarking for the Cultural Partnership, its members, and partners
- Coordinate logistics and track Excess Capacity program to increase waste diversion
- Assist with member energy, water, waste audits
- Assist with meeting and event logistics, including green event guidelines and technology, and maintaining meeting records, agendas, and rosters
- Create engaging, timely, and relevant content for distribution via website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other online communities)
- 1+ year in an environmental sustainability or administrative role
- 1+ year experience in marketing or social media
- Competent understanding and experience with a variety of sustainability tools and technologies
- Familiarity with sustainability legislation, policies, and City of San Diego Climate Action Plan
- Strong leadership skills including effective communication and writing ability
- Experience with graphic design and content development is a plus
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays, weekends and evenings as needed. Hourly rate is $14 per hour. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit resume and a cover letter addressing how you meet the above qualifications – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “BPCP Sustainability Assistant: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This position is open until filled, interviews will begin the week of December 10.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science, and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Established in 2008, the award-winning Sustainability Program is a collaborative effort between the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership, the City of San Diego, and San Diego Gas & Electric® (SDG&E). This collaboration is supported by an alliance of the Partnership’s members, Balboa Park stakeholders, and sustainability experts.
This job description is intended as an illustrative guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.