Part-Time Ticketing Representative
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a part-time Ticketing Representative. A successful candidate will have one or more years of experience with a ticketing system and customer service. This person will be responsible for selling and processing orders for the Balboa Park Explorer program and maintaining a high level of customer service – both written and verbal.
The Ticketing Representative will report directly to the Director, Operations. Duties include:
- Processing online and phone orders for the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, One-Day, and Multi-Day passes including printing and mailinging of passes
- Inputting data and maintaining a clean and consistent database as outlined by the Ticketing Manager
- Troubleshooting guest and Explore partners via phone and email with questions and customer service issues
- Conducting quarterly renewal courtesy calls as needed
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
A qualified Ticketing Representative will enter the position with one or more years of customer service or box office environment and ticketing system (preferably Tessitura) experience. They will also have a demonstrated ability in:
- Problem-solving and creative thinking skills; attention to detail especially when mediating customer service situations
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, planning and organization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite for PC, familiarity with database operation, and aptitude for utilizing web technologies
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team, in an open office environment, and easily adapt to change
- As an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Development and/or membership
- Balboa Park organizations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Position type: Part-time, non-exempt position, 10-15 hours per week, including weekends and additional days as needed. Current schedule needed: Mondays and Wednesdays, 10am-3pm, and every other Friday, 10am-3pm. Rate: $13 per hour. Perks include discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants, shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit resume and a cover letter addressing how you meet the above qualifications – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “BPCP Ticketing: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Open until filled.
This job description is intended as an illustrative guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.