Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a full-time Marketing and Membership Associate. A successful candidate will have experience with membership sales, developing marketing campaigns, analytics, and exceptional writing skills.
The Marketing and Membership Associate will assist with marketing and selling the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, Multi-Day, One-Day passes, and special events using strategic communication and marketing along with developing strategies for increasing renewals to achieve organizational sales goals. As part of a team, the Marketing and Membership Associate will help identify, develop and disseminate key messages for current and potential pass holders using a multifaceted marketing strategy.
The Marketing & Membership Associate will report directly to the Director, Events and Public Programs. Duties include:
Strategy and Administration
- Help develop annual strategic marketing plans and sales and renewal strategies for Annual, One-Day, and Multi-Day Explorers aligning with sales goals.
- Implement strategies to make successful email marketing campaigns, newsletters, and phone calls with current Annual Explorers.
- Research and develop on-going sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc. and determine markets to be canvassed for qualified purchasers.
- Develop and manage direct mail and email marketing campaigns.
- Recommend strategies and resources to increase renewal rates.
- Manage social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Assist with marketing, promotions, and ticket sales strategies of public program special events.
- Responsible for membership retention, renewal analysis, and achieving renewal goals.
- Develop and implement monthly Explorer Experiences to cultivate Annual Explorer relationships.
- Print monthly renewals and prepare mailings.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking workflow, deadlines, and project costs.
- Assists with the selection of visuals and provides layout/design support.
- Provides project preparation and ensure appropriate parties proof final product.
- Works with vendors and designers on bids and production.
- Oversees and maintains files for images and artwork, design supplies and inventory of print material including Explorer cards, brochures, and other related products.
- Tracks and updates Supervisor on advertising and promotional content analytics.
- Coordinates photo shoots for projects as needed.
- Maintains a variety of contacts in order to respond to inquiries and requests and to effectively coordinate activities
- Execute, analyze and coordinate marketing research.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years experience in marketing, membership or sales related field.
- Marketing, membership marketing and sales experience.
- Very strong verbal, analytical, and copywriting skills.
- Team player — works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded with strong leadership qualities.
- Creative and innovative with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- B.A. in marketing, business, or related field.
- Experience with Tessitura Ticketing Software, venue passes, membership, and/or non-profit organization.
- Using project management and graphics programs (i.e. illustrator, Indesign or Photoshop, spreadsheet, and database systems)
- Operating general office equipment
- Communicating effectively (verbal and written)
- Working effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays (9am to 5:30pm) and weekends and evenings as needed. Hourly rate is $14-$16/hr depending on experience. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put “Explorer Marketing and Sales Associate: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This position is open until filled with interviews starting immediately.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Our 29 member institutions vary in size and type and include 16 museums, the San Diego Zoo, several performing arts organizations, cultural centers and gardens. Although the Park’s cultural institutions are our primary audience, many of our programs are open to other relevant organizations and professionals.
Balboa Park Explorer, a department of BPCP, is responsible for the One-Day, Multi-Day and Annual Explorer products in Balboa Park. The Explorer department works directly with the 16 participating museums in addition to the general public. The Annual Explorer is going into its third year with continued success and growth.
This job description is intended as an illustrative guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.