Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Position Status: Full-time (40 hours a week), Hourly, Non-Exempt; Hybrid (San Diego locale)
Pay Rate: Starting at $25.16 per hour
Benefits: Yes (Medical/Vision, Dental, Life, 403(b) and 3% Matching, Vacation, Holiday)
Reports to: Kristen Mihalko, Director, Operations
Immediate direct report: Communications Coordinator
Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed starting January 30, 2023.
Apply online: https://bpcp.org/apply-for-marcomm-manager/
HOW THIS ROLE IMPACTS THE CULTURAL PARTNERSHIP:
The Marketing and Communications Manager will focus on driving sales and elevating the brand profile of the Balboa Park Explorer Pass among target audiences. Using your experience and skills you will work collaboratively to develop strategies and execute tactics to increase visitation to Balboa Park Explorer participating museums and experiences, design and deploy advertising campaigns to drive sales, assist with the development of Parkwide and public communication plans, manage brands for Cultural Partnership programs, and maintain a community of stakeholders and partners. You will also work closely with the Communications Coordinator to develop goals and tactics for delivering impactful newsletters, direct mail campaigns, and social media content including video.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Manage Balboa Park Explorer advertising and marketing. In collaboration with the Director, develop an advertising and marketing plan for the Explorer Pass to increase brand awareness and sales by integrating earned, owned, and paid media tactics. Create and manage all marketing collateral and content for the Explorer Pass program including website, social media channels, printed materials, signage, digital displays, advertisements, and newsletters. Research and present opportunities for marketing the Explorer Pass to new and existing audiences. Manage banner district implementation including design and vendor management. Use data and analytics to produce monthly and quarterly performance reports and make recommendations for improvement and increasing engagement.
Support and collaborate with Cultural Partnership programs and members. Provide brand management and orchestrate tactics to deliver messages for specific Balboa Park Cultural Partnership programs and Balboa Park. Ensure key messaging is implemented on Balboa Park social media channels in partnership with Park stakeholders. Assist with the development and implementation strategy for Parkwide communication through the One Park – One Team newsletter. Increase member engagement in attendance data gathering and providing consolidated attendance reports to partners. Occasionally draft press releases and provide media management support to Balboa Park and members.
Build and maintain key relationships in and outside Balboa Park. Build rapport with Park stakeholders and Cultural Partnership team members. Plan and facilitate Parkwide Marketing/PR (MPR) meetings. Create and maintain a list of approved vendors and media partners. In partnership with Directors, act as a Parkwide liaison and coordinator for partner communications with the City of San Diego, Parks and Recreation Department, San Diego Tourism Authority, Visit CA, and events such as December Nights and World Design Capital 2024. Provide leadership and support to Cultural Partnership team members, especially direct report.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
You have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Developing and implementing impactful communication plans and marketing campaigns.
- Designing marketing campaigns that increase brand awareness and sales.
- Budget management and tracking; and reporting on ROI.
- Working with and managing vendors and media channels.
- Creative writing and storytelling skills used to build trust.
You have these critical attributes and skills:
- Align with and practice organizational values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in their work and interactions with others.
- Ability to lead and delegate tasks thoughtfully.
- Have very strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Take initiative, ask questions, and are accountable.
- Comfort and confidence to appear in front of a camera.
You work effectively in collaborative, team-driven environments:
- As an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable with utilizing online communication tools such as Slack and Trello, plus Adobe Creative Cloud, Google, and Microsoft programs.
- You include the team in decision-making processes and ask for feedback, guidance, and insight.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT PDFs OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S):
- Resume (no more than 3 pages).
- Letter of Interest adding how you’re a great fit for this position (1 page).
- Two (2) writing samples. (Writing samples can include blogs, news articles, newsletters, social media posts, and video or podcast scripts.)
- One to two (1-2) examples of campaigns you have deployed using multiple communications channels, including goals and performance metrics.
Please be ready to answer 5 short answer questions in the online application:
- Share how you demonstrate values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in your work and interactions with others. (2-3 sentences)
- Briefly describe your experience with advertising campaign development, implementation and evaluation. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
- Briefly describe your experience with increasing sales and brand awareness. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
- Briefly describe your leadership style and experience. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
- Describe your experience with being in front of a camera for interviews and/or production. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
Apply through our website: https://bpcp.org/apply-for-marcomm-manager/
Vaccine Status: As of November 1, 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption would apply. Must provide proof of vaccine status upon employment.
Please Note: Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for any given role. Therefore, if much of the posted job description describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for the available role!