Position: Communications Manager
Status: Full-time (40 hours a week), Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay: $20 per hour
Benefits: Yes (Medical/Vision, Dental, Life, Vacation, Holiday)
Reports to: Director, Parkwide Communications
Application Deadline: August 3, 2021
Apply online: https://bpcp.org/apply/
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a full-time, non-exempt Communications Manager. A successful candidate will assist the Director, Parkwide Communications with developing and executing strategies and tactics for improving visitation to Balboa Park museums and experiences and raising the brand profile of the Park among target audiences, and for supporting Cultural Partnership initiatives as needed. They will create, coordinate and schedule social media posts (including video), and support communications efforts overall including participating in on-camera interviews; promoting Balboa Park Explorer annual and day pass sales, developing marketing campaigns, and understanding and utilizing analytics. As part of a team, the Communications Manager will help identify, develop and disseminate key messages for target audiences using a multifaceted marketing strategy. This position is based in Balboa Park and will have access to a shared office space.
Balboa Park Explorer
- Helps deliver annual strategic marketing plans and sales, renewal, and retention strategies for Annual, Parkwide, and Limited Explorers aligning with sales goals.
- Implement strategies with team to develop and manage successful email marketing campaigns, newsletters, and phone calls with Explorer Pass customers.
- Develops messaging for Explorer Pass-specific materials, including letters, e-mails, and social media.
- Plan and execute a monthly on-site Explorer Experience program.
- Assist with LiveChat, as needed.
Social Media and Outreach
- Directly manages Balboa Park, Explorer Pass, and related social media channels, including strategy and execution.
- Acts as a representative of the Balboa Park Cultural District when needed.
- Assists with facilitating regular Marketing and Public Relations meetings for park partners.
- Creates and implements paid social media advertising.
Strategy and Administration
- Helps develop and implement annual strategic communications plans in support of the Cultural Partnership members and varied departments.
- Builds and executes a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Creates and/or maintains editorial calendars; acquires and evaluates metrics for efforts.
Content Creation and Marketing Production
- Creatively writes and posts social media content about a variety of Balboa Park topics.
- Writes content for media pitches, annual reports, press releases, newsletters, etc. as needed.
- Develops photo and video assets and coordinates shoots as needed for use in social media and for other uses.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking workflow, deadlines, and project costs.
- Provides layout/design support for advertising programs.
- Provides project preparation and ensures appropriate parties proof final product.
- Works with vendors and designers on bids and production.
- Works with vendors to maintain in-park banner advertising program.
- Maintains a variety of contacts in order to respond to inquiries and requests and to effectively coordinate activities.
- Maintains databases and information catalogs.
- Assists with special events as needed.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
A qualified Communications Manager will enter the position with three or more years of experience in marketing, membership, or sales related field and/or two years or more of experience in brand social media with knowledge of marketing and advertising strategies. The Communications Manager will:
- Demonstrate values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in their work and interactions with others.
- Have experience acquiring and analyzing analytics from social media and other digital environments.
- Have exceptional copywriting skills, as well as long and short format story development.
- Have fundamental knowledge of photography and videography – shooting, as well as, editing.
- Comfort and confidence to appear in front of a camera.
- Be proficient with desktop design and publishing processes.
- Have very strong communication and relationship building skills.
- As an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, Google programs, and Microsoft programs.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Experience with Tessitura Ticketing Software, venue passes, membership, and/or non-profit organization.
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. Hourly rate is $20. A typical shift is 8 hours, weekdays between 8:30am to 5:00pm, and weekends and evenings as needed. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vacation, holidays (10 days), discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a resume, letter of interest addressing how you meet the above qualifications, and three writing samples – all in .PDF format – through our website: https://bpcp.org/apply/. No phone calls please.
Applications are accepted now through August 3, 2021. Interviews will begin the week of August 9, 2021.