Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Status: Full-time (40 hours a week), Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $16-17 per hour
Benefits: Yes (Medical/Vision, Dental, Life, Vacation, Holiday)
Reports to: Director, Parkwide Communications
Application Deadline: September 6, 2021
Apply online: https://bpcp.org/apply/
How this role impacts the Cultural Partnership:
The Communications Coordinator assists the Director, Parkwide Communications with developing and executing strategies and tactics for improving visitation to Balboa Park museums and experiences and raising the brand profile of the Park among target audiences. Using your experience and skills you will help provide consistent communication with Balboa Park fans, as well as our Balboa Park Explorer Passholders through newsletters, direct mail campaigns, and social media content creation, including video. You will also take initiative to dig into analytics to help identify, develop, and disseminate key messages.
What you’ll be doing:
Provide consistent communication to Balboa Park Explorer customers. In collaboration with a team, develop and manage successful newsletters and marketing campaigns, messaging for materials including letters, emails, and social media. Plan and execute monthly on-site Explorer Experience programs.
Manage social media channels and outreach with arts and culture lovers. Create, write, and source content to be shared on Balboa Park, Explorer Pass, and related social media channels. Learn about everything the Park has to offer to share with locals and visitors.
Help develop strategic communication plans including social media. With support of the Director, research, review benchmarks, and identify key messaging and audiences to build greater awareness.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
You have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Acquiring and analyzing analytics from social media and other digital environments.
- Creative writing and storytelling skills used to build trust and brand awareness.
- Photography and videography – shooting, as well as editing.
You have these critical attributes and skills:
- Align with and practice organizational values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in their work and interactions with others.
- Comfort and confidence to appear in front of a camera.
- Have very strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Take initiative, ask questions, and are accountable.
You work effectively in collaborative, team-driven environments:
- As an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable with utilizing online communication tools such as Slack and Trello, plus Adobe Creative Cloud, Google, and Microsoft programs.
- You include the team in decision-making processes and ask for feedback, guidance, and insight.
To apply, please compile the following items in PDF format to submit through our online application:
- Letter of Interest addressing how you’re a great fit for this position
- Three (3) writing samples (Writing samples can include blogs, news articles, newsletters, social media posts, and video or podcast scripts.)
Please be prepared to answer 4 short answer questions:
- Share how you demonstrate values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in your work and interactions with others. (2-3 sentences)
- Briefly describe your experience with email marketing and newsletter creation. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
- Briefly describe your experience with photography and video production (shooting and editing). If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
- Describe your experience with being in front of a camera for interviews and/or production. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
Apply through our website: https://bpcp.org/apply