Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a full-time Marketing & Sales Associate. A successful candidate will have experience with membership sales, developing marketing campaigns, enjoys analytics, and exceptional writing skills.
The Marketing & Sales Associate will assist with marketing and selling the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, Multi-Day, One-Day passes, and special events using strategic communication and marketing along with developing strategies for continuing renewals to achieve organizational sales goals. As part of a team, help identify, develop and disseminate key messages for current and potential pass holders using a multifaceted marketing strategy
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Our 29 member institutions vary in size and type and include 17 museums, the San Diego Zoo, several performing arts organizations, cultural centers and gardens. Although the Park’s cultural institutions are our primary audience, many of our programs are open to other relevant organizations and professionals.
Balboa Park Explorer, a department of BPCP, is responsible for the One-Day, Multi-Day and Annual Explorer products in Balboa Park. The Explorer department works directly with the 17 participating museums in addition to the general public. The Annual Explorer is going into its third year with continued success and growth.
The Marketing & Sales Associate will report directly to the Director, Events & Public Programs.
Strategy & Administration
- Help develop annual strategic marketing plans and sales & renewal strategies for Annual, One-Day and Multi-Day Explorers aligning with strategic sales goals.
- Identifying strategies to make successful email marketing campaigns, newsletters, & phone calls with current Annual Explorers.
- Researches the need for on-going sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc. Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified purchasers.
- Developing and managing direct mail & email marketing campaigns
- Recommending strategies and resources to increase renewal rates.
- Creating e-mail campaigns and newsletters using Mail2 including: weekly and monthly newsletters and a printed monthly version.
- Working collaboratively with graphic designers and other vendors to coordinate production of all collateral materials such as postcards and newsletters.
- Collaboratively develop and oversee contests and giveaways for social media and e-newsletters.
- Increasing opportunities for special event crossover marketing with Maker Faire, The Vine Affair, and other future events.
- Developing and implementing monthly Explorer Experiences to cultivate Annual Explorer relationships.
- Assist with marketing & promotions of public program special events as assigned
- Assisting with department special event ticket sales strategies
- Assist with department special events as needed
- Maintain photo library.
- Execute, analyze and coordinate marketing research.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years experience in marketing, membership or sales related field.
- Membership Marketing & Sales experience
- Very strong verbal, analytical, and copywriting skills.
- Team player — works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded with strong leadership qualities.
- Creative and innovative with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Experience with PR and printed media.
- B.A. in marketing, business, or related field.
- Experience with Tessitura Ticketing Software, venue passes, membership, and/or non-profit organization.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays (8:00am to 5:00pm) and weekends and evenings as needed. Hourly rate is $16-$18/hr depending on experience. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com by close of business on March 31, 2017. Please put “BPCP Marketing & Sales Associate: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
This job description is intended as an illustrative guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.